Do you want to expand your culinary chops? Cervasi’s aged vinegars can provide complex flavors to whatever you’re making. There are a variety of ways to utilize the tangy-sour flavor of balsamic vinegar to bring out a different side to foods you already love. Before you know, it will be a staple in your pantry!
1) Use balsamic for salad dressing, like our Garlic & Basil Vinaigrette. The flavor pairs well with feta cheese crumbles and red onion slices.
2) Caparese salad is simple and satisfying. Mozzarella, tomato and basil with a drizzle of balsamic is great for entertaining.
3) Combine with favorite condiments like ketchup or mustard for an extra tangy dip.
4) Balsamic is a natural complement to orzo pasta, hot or cold. Toss with balsamic roasted vegetables and you have a full meal.
5) To keep dinner guests satiated, leave out a breadbasket with a balsamic, olive oil, basil and herb dip.
6) It’s great for the grill. Glaze your steak with balsamic for a wine-toned flavor.
7) Marinade chicken or pork chops in balsamic and olive oil. Then toss with breadcrumbs and bake for an easy meal.
8) If a soup or sauce tastes a bit bland, add a splash of balsamic to liven up the flavors.
9) For dessert, reduce the balsamic and pour over ice cream and strawberries.
A tip for cooking with balsamic vinegar is to use a non-reactive pan, such as glass or stainless steel. To control the flavor control the temperature. Heat boils out acidity and sweetens the taste.
To be truly Italiano, try a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar after dinner to aid in digestion. Enjoy your kitchen experimentations. Let us know what you discover on Facebook or Pinterest.