This veggie-based spread is perfect for entertaining as it gets its flavor from grilled zucchini, creamy avocado, and delicious olive oil. It is excellent with veggie dippers, toasted pita, crackers, or even spread on grilled chicken. Enjoy this recipe courtesy of Lauren Lane. You can find this recipe and more from Lauren at lauren-lane.com.
Published on July 30, 2020 | By Courtney Yerganian |
- 1 ½ lbs zucchini- grilled, roasted, or pan-seared until lightly brown⠀⠀
- 2 cloves garlic⠀
- 1/2 avocado⠀
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 cup or more fresh herbs; flat-leaf parsley or basil (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, almonds or cashews
- 2 T Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Additional olive oil for garnish if desired
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch thick strips, brush with a little olive oil and grill, roast or fry until lightly browned.
- Place the grilled zucchini along with the rest of the ingredients (except the oil) in a food processor, and pulse for a couple of seconds. Then drizzle in the olive oil and process until smooth. Taste to see if you need more salt or pepper.
- Serve it in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and fresh herbs. Serve at room temperature.