With lemon, garlic, oregano, olive oil, and a nice char from the grill, it doesn’t get much better than this Tuscan dish. Serve this chicken with a pasta salad, grilled veggies, or a crusty loaf of bread.
Tuscan Grilled Chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh Cervasi Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 chicken legs, 8 thighs, or 6 chicken breasts with skin and bones
- Lemon slices, optional for garnishing
- Loaf of crusty bread
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and olive oil.
- Discard any excess fat from chicken, pat dry, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken as you normally would to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F or until the juices run clear. If chicken starts to burn, move it to a cooler part of the grill.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to bowl with lemon dressing and toss to coat, then transfer to a large serving platter.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Grill the bread and the lemon slices, uncovered, until grill marks appear, and arrange on the platter with chicken.