Grab your favorite Italian sausage and a specialty cut of Cervasi pasta for this easy and delicious recipe. This recipe is courtesy of Lauren Lane. You can find this recipe and more from Lauren at lauren-lane.com.
Sausage Pasta by Lauren Lane
Published on May 7, 2019 | In Italian | By CervasiUSA |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 Tbsp. Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 16oz Italian sausage, ground
- ⅔ c. white wine
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 2 c. fresh spinach
- ¾ c. toasted pine nuts (optional)
- ¾ c. Cervasi Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1lb (16oz) Cervasi Farfalle or specialty cut pasta
- In large pan, sauté onions in olive oil for 4-5 minutes. Add sausage and garlic. Brown sausage and break into small pieces; drain grease.
- Add wine to pan and cook until reduced by half. Add broth and cook a few more minutes. Then add cream and red pepper. Reduce heat to low.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and add to skillet with cream sauce.
- Add spinach and stir. Add Parmesan, pine nuts and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately in warm bowls.
- Servings : 2 - 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Course
- Ingredient : Heavy cream, Short Cut Pasta