A great pasta recipe featuring rigatoni, Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and asparagus. A burst of flavor in every bite.
Rigatoni & Sausage
Published on September 17, 2014 | In Italian | By CervasiUSA |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- ¾ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil reserved from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 (14-ounce) cans Cervasi® Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 pound (16-ounce) Cervasi Rigatoni or Cervasi Roman Rigatoni
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ cups fresh mozzarella, cubed (about 8 ounces, optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat reserved oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking meat into bit-sized pieces with a fork, about 8 min.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl. Add artichokes, asparagus and garlic to skillet, and sauté over medium heat until garlic is tender, about 2 min.
- Add broth, wine and sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat until sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 min.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 10 min. Drain pasta.
- Add pasta and sausage to artichoke mixture. Toss until sauce is almost absorbed by pasta, 2-3 min.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and mozzarella, if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve passing additional Parmesan cheese alongside.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Course : Italian Cheese
- Recipe Type : Main Course
- Ingredient : Artichokes, Asparagus, Basil, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Mozzarella, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Rigatoni, Short Cut Pasta, sun-dried tomatoes