A delicious dish easy enough for a weeknight dinner and beautiful enough for entertaining. These pork chops are best served with a loaf of crusty bread and a simple green salad. Enjoy this recipe courtesy of Lauren Lane. You can find this recipe and more from Lauren at lauren-lane.com.
Peaches and Pork Chops
Published on July 28, 2020 | By CervasiUSA |
- 4 thick bone-in pork chops, patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 peaches cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring pork to room temperature and generously season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Carefully place pork chop in the pan, making sure not to splatter.
- Pan sear the pork chops for 1-2 minutes (not moving) to give them a nice crust, then flip and cook the other side.
- Move skillet to the top rack of the oven under the broiler and cook an additional 2-3 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove from the oven and take the pork chops out of the skillet and place on a plate.
- Move skillet back to stovetop, add the vinegar, honey, green onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add in 1/2 the peaches; bring to a simmer over medium for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet. Check to see if the pork has reached an internal temperature of 135-140 degrees (or the juices run clear). If not there, simmer a bit longer.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in butter until melted. Taste the sauce to see if you’d like to add more salt.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and thyme sprigs.
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Course : Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Recipe Type : Main Course
- Ingredient : Extra Virgin Olive Oil