A classic Italian soup, this minestrone is simple to prepare and delightful to share.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 Tbsp. Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup Cervasi elbow or other short-cut pasta
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for about four minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir, cooking for 25 seconds.
- Add celery and carrot and cook for about five minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Stir in green beans, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture for three minutes.
- Add both cans tomatoes and chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and pasta and cook for about 10 minutes or until both are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired, and serve in bowls topped with Parmesan cheese and basil.