Italian for barley salad, this dish is a refreshing orzo salad, with garbanzo beans, grape tomatoes and Cervasi Red Wine Vinaigrette. Great as a main dish or on the side of any meal.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups Cervasi® Orzo pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups red and yellow teardrop tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Approx. ¾ cup Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the orzo. Cover partially and cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the orzo through a strainer. Transfer the orzo to a large, wide bowl and toss until the orzo cools slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
- Toss the orzo with the beans, tomatoes, onion, basil, mint and enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature.