Made with fresh basil, pine nuts, and garlic, this no-cook pasta sauce is perfect for summer gatherings with the ones you love.
Homemade Basil Pesto Spaghetti
Published on September 1, 2020 | By Courtney Yerganian |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves (you can include parsley or other herbs to make 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Cervasi Spaghetti pasta
- Combine the pine nuts, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining olive oil and pulse until smooth. Taste and re-season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese. Toss the hot pasta into the pesto and serve with additional parmesan.