The delicious and easy Grilled Olive Oil Cake is made even better when served with whipped cream or berry compote. Enjoy this recipe courtesy of Lauren Lane. You can find this recipe and more from Lauren at lauren-lane.com.
Grilled Olive Oil Cake
Published on June 19, 2020 | By Logan Rohlf |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 c. All-purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ c. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 c. Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ c. Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- ⅓ c. Limoncello
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Butter or spray a 9-inch cake pan at least 2 inches deep with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Alternatively, use a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder. In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, vanilla, eggs, lemon zest and juice and Limoncello.
- Add the dry ingredients; whisk until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50-70 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cooking times can vary based on ovens, pans, and pan sizes. You will know it’s done with the top is very brown, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely for at least an hour.
- For grilled cake: Slice the cake in thick slices, brush lightly with olive oil and place on a hot grill for 3-5 minutes. Top with fresh berries, whipped cream or berry compote.