Big hearty rigatoni, combined with charred corn, blistered tomatoes, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a super simple tangy red wine vinaigrette, this pasta salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next event. Enjoy this recipe courtesy of Lauren Lane. You can find this recipe and more from Lauren at lauren-lane.com.
Grilled Corn and Blistered Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad
Published on June 19, 2020 | By Logan Rohlf |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 ears of corn on the cob in husk
- 2 Tbsp. Cervasi Olive Oil
- 20 oz. Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 5 Tbsp. Cervasi Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb Cervasi Rigatoni
- 1 c. Chopped Basil
- 1 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Microwave the corn for 7 minutes. Remove from the microwave and remove the husk. The husk should slide off easily now.
- Brush the corn with olive oil, then place on a hot cast iron grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, until the kernels are slightly charred. (Don’t move the corn too much so it can develop the char).
- Next, heat a grill pan over high heat until smoking. Add olive oil, tomatoes and a big pinch of kosher salt. Cook until the tomatoes are lightly charred and are about to burst, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the wide end of the corn in a larger bowl. Holding the corn steady with one hand, saw off the kernels with a serrated knife. The kernels will fall into the bowl.
- Bring a pot of water and 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by combining olive oil, vinegar, shallots and garlic.