This sweet Citrus Salad is easy, delicious, and adaptable, lending itself as the perfect summer treat. Enjoy this recipe courtesy of Lauren Lane. You can find this recipe and more from Lauren at lauren-lane.com.
Published on July 20, 2020 | By Courtney Yerganian |
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 3 oranges - a combination of blood orange, tangerine, clementines or any others you choose.
- 1 bunch of chopped kale or spinach, chopped into bite sized pieces
- For the dressing, combine the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- For the salad, peel the grapefruit and oranges using a knife to remove as much white pith as possible. Slice into wheels about 1/4-inch thick, discarding any seeds.
- Toss kale or spinach with half of dressing and place greens on a serving platter. Arrange fruit on top of the greens, overlapping slices.
- Drizzle additional dressing over the citrus. Taste the salad to see if you’d like to add more dressing or more salt and pepper. Serve.