One of the healthiest fats known to man is extra virgin olive oil. It’s versatile, tasty and readily available at your favorite grocery store. Try replacing butter and other “bad fats” with Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Here is all you need to know before making a permanent switch to cooking with Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Olive oil has a moderate smoke point, meaning it’s A-OK for most cooking methods. It’s not the best for deep-frying, but sauté away.
- Olive oil is naturally cholesterol, sodium, and carbohydrate-free. (Score!)
- Olive oil contains a decent amount of Vitamin E and other antioxidants. Plus, these vitamins hold up when heated.
- Olive oil is thought to lower “bad” cholesterol, the artery-clogging kind, due to its high content of monounsaturated fat.
- The high percentage of oleic acid and monounsaturated fats help protect the heart.
- Olive oil is great for baking! Coat the pan for easy removal or add a touch of olive oil in your batter to make baked goods last longer.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a great substitute for other fats used in Salad Dressing, Mayonnaise or Roasting/Braising Meats.
But, be careful when substituting olive oil in baking recipes.
Start by substituting Extra Virgin Olive Oil in small places, like when you’re making eggs in the morning. Before you know it, you’ll be eating only the healthiest of fats! Cook with “EVOO” today! Check out this easy, olive oil-y recipe here.